BREEAM (BRE Environmental Assessment Method) In-Use can be used by property and management agents to promote the environmental credentials and benefits of a building, making it more attractive to potential purchasers and tenants whilst also of course, having very real positive implications for our global environment.
The scheme will help Building Managers reduce running costs and improve the environmental performance of existing buildings and consists of a standard, an assessment methodology and a third party certification process providing a clear and credible route towards improving sustainability.
BREEAM In-Use is designed to:
- Reduce operational costs
- Enhance the value and marketability of property assets
- Give a transparent platform for negotiating building improvements with landlords and owners
- Provide a route to compliance with environmental legislation and standards, such as energy labelling and ISO 14001
- Give greater engagement with staff in implementing sustainable business practices
- Provide opportunities to improve staff satisfaction with the working
environment with the potential for significant improvements in productivity
- Demonstrate your commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Improve organisational effectiveness
- Provide a genuine badge of proven sustainability